Complete dentures in Egg Harbor Township
A denture or a complete denture as it’s commonly called, is a home appliance that’s placed in the lips, replaces natural teeth and offers support for the cheeks and lips.
Most dentures are made of acrylic and may be fabricated in 2 different ways.
- A conventional denture is made after all teeth have been extracted and the gums have healed.
- An immediate denture is fabricated and inserted immediately after the teeth are extracted and the tissues are allowed to heal under the denture.
- A higher denture has acrylic, normally flesh colored, which covers the palate.
- A conventional denture is shaped as a horseshoe to leave space for the tongue.
- A conventional denture is made after all teeth have been extracted and the gums (tissues) have healed.
- An upper denture has acrylic, usually flesh colored, that covers the palate (roof of the mouth).
- A lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to leave room for the tongue.
The teeth are made of porcelain, plastic, or a combination thereof. Dentures may be fabricated to place over endodontically treated teeth and with a complete denture can be attached to dental implants to enable a more secure fit of the appliance.
Dentures over a usual course of time will wear and need to be replaced or relined to keep the jaw alignment typical. The alignment will gradually change as the bone and gum ridges recede or shrink due to the extraction of the teeth. Regular dental examinations are crucial for the denture wearer so that the oral tissues could be examined for change or disease.
Don’t let fear of the dentist stop you from getting the dental
care you deserve!
Request an appointment online or call our Linwood, NJ office today!